Friday, June 11, 2010

Orange Beach Vacation


Checking out the mommy and really cute baby that keeps following us everywhere we go!

John Loved the pool! He would kick and splash and play!


This is the new float momma got me! I'm just relaxing enjoying my vacation!

I pulled myself up and am standing all by myself now. I also got my second tooth in this day!!! Big day!

hmmmmmm? Sand? Really?

What?

I don't like sand!

Not really sure what to think of this water either.

Really Really not a fan of sand!

Happy boy playing!

see my head bumps. Danger in crawling into things!

dolphins are cool. We saw several pods of mommas and babies go by our condo.

trying this water thing again. Still not sure of what to think of the ocean.



Ready and waiting...impatiently to go down to the pool.

the oil and tar washed ashore on the beach in front of the condo the day before we left. It was so nasty! What a disaster! The gulf will never be the same! How sad!


Still not a big fan of sand. I do better sitting on my towel.

What a cool Beach Baby!

We decided we needed a little getaway to the beach. We had discussed going to the mountains instead...because of the oil spill out in the gulf, but as you can see we ended up in Orange Beach. We stayed at the SeaChase condos and had an amazing time. John really enjoyed the pools, indoor, outdoor, kiddie and splash pad. He did not enjoy the sand or the ocean. I have a feeling that will change over the next couple months, but he just whined and did not want to sit in the sand! John added a new tooth while we were down there and has been doing a great job pulling up to standing from sitting. Our guy is really mobile, and our condo was not really baby proof, which kept momma on her toes! He tried to eat plants, sea shells, dirt, rug fringe, pretty much anything that had gotten to where he could get it! John did not sleep very well in his pack and play for the first few nights...or maybe that was that mean old tooth coming in...Either way we had to get up in the middle of the night a few nights while we were there. First night at home in his own bed...10 hrs with no fussing! It is nice to be home again, but we do miss the pool!

1 comment:

*Monica said...

Looks like a great getaway. I love the disgruntled face in the sand picture!