Tuesday, September 15, 2009

John Grant Magnusson

Our Little Man is here! He was born on Sept 13, 2009 at 1031 am. My water broke in the garage on Saturday afternoon as I bent over to get something out of a box. Scot was on the ladder in the living room hanging surround sound speakers, but I told him his plans for the day were canceled and he needed to pack a bag! Scot drove us fast but safetly to the hospital! They admitted us and we labored all night long. By 9 am I was finally dilated to 8.5 cm out of 10, but John was really high and had one scary heartrate dip. I just stopped dilating. So we discussed all the pros and cons with the doc, and Dr Heaton was ready to do a C/S. They got all their stuff together and rolled us back! John Grant is perfect! He weighed 8 lbs 13 oz and is 21 inches long and has a 13 inch head! He has HUGE feet...someday we'll be ordering his shoes off the internet! I don't think he would have ever come out anyway so I am glad he was delivered safe and sound and healthy. He nurses super and has been sleeping in the nursery the last couple nights so Mom and Dad can recover. We have had lots of family and friends visiting! Everyone says how beautiful he is. I'll post pics tomorrow as the hospital internet won't let me!
Thanks for all the prayers!

No comments: